Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3d Artist Here

2 posters

Go down

3d Artist Here Empty 3d Artist Here

Post  amatobahn Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:18 am

Hey, Just letting you know i'm here - I have a few projects i'm working on, mostly game related or animation related, even some that required me to sign an NDA, so no's goes there.
amatobahn
amatobahn

Http://www.iamgregamato.com

Back to top Go down

3d Artist Here Empty Re: 3d Artist Here

Post  Threepwood42 Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi there Greg, I'm looking for an artist/some artists to work on some point and click adventure games. I have a couple ideas I'm looking at, so here they are, with examples of the art style I'm looking to pursue with them. I know your post says 3D but I thought I'd take a chance anyways.

Idea 1:
"It's a Ruff Life"
A Putt-Putt style adventure for kids(adults could still enjoy some of the humor.) About a dog whose master is a meanie and throws the ball over the fence and the dog can't get to it. It would be a short but entertaining adventure about the dog trying to figure out how to get over to get the ball.

Art Style: Children's Cartoon esque3d Artist Here PuttPuttTravelsThroughTime

Idea 2(this one still needs quite a bit of development):
A Saw or Still-Life style game where it is all about the thrill and characters. Creepy but not gross, never goes too far as some people would think Saw does. It has a ground in something that could actually happen so as to make it even creepier. Maybe as a twist, the character(s) you play as are convicts in a prison who are being tortured and killed by guards of the prison. Who is the true evil?

Art Style: Creepy, dark, dank, Saw-Esque, 2D preferrable but I could see where 3D might be better, example of 3D style: 3d Artist Here Still+Life+2+!!

Idea 3:
A children's cartoon character falls out of his cartoon world into reality in a really bad part of town. The character is one of those edutainment ones thats always thinking of things as good and all that, think like Dora being dropped into reality. The character is very ignorant of everything going on as there are gangs and death and sex and destruction that the character just doesn't understand. By the nature of the character he decides its his job to try to fix it. (Probably sings a song about it and then promptly almost gets shot). So through the game you would be trying to figure out different ways to try to change the people and make them "good" or at least the character's perception of his idealized "good world". It would be mostly based off of the culture shock style humor, and well created characters. Every time the cartoon character tried to change people or the world, it wouldn't work because it was such a radical change he was trying to provoke.

Art Style: Use the style of the first idea for the cartoon character and his world, but then take a realistic approach to the drawings of the real world, very few if any colors, very dark, drab and lifeless, as contrasted to the bright colorful world the cartoon character lives in. I have no example for this but just thought I'd throw the idea up.

If any of those ideas interest you, please let me know, I'm really hoping to get some people to help me make at least one of these real Smile
Threepwood42
Threepwood42

Back to top Go down

Post  amatobahn Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 am

You can do point-and-click games using 3d environments and in a 3d-engine. The only thing about that though is when people lose interest of the game they can go on a clicking frenzy and just get lucky to find something. As of right now, I am a bit swamped in art stuff at the moment. Maybe in a week or two I'll have more freedom.

If you're shooting for something like Putt-Putt, you may want to start shelling off concept sketches for other artists to take advantage of. It will cut down on the process and turn around time would be much faster. bounce
amatobahn
amatobahn

Http://www.iamgregamato.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Threepwood42 Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Alright, cool, I can't draw to save my life, but I may try some rough concept stuff. If once you become less busy you're still interested I'd love to have you help, I have one artist helping right now, but she is only for concept and stuff, and not with computer art. The first project I'd like to work on is the "Life is Ruff" one about the puppy. Let me know when/if you get less busy or when/if you'd actually want to work on the project Smile
Threepwood42
Threepwood42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down