Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RTVF-NTTV Gaming Show

3 posters

Go down

RTVF-NTTV Gaming Show Empty RTVF-NTTV Gaming Show

Post  Dariel00 Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:53 pm

I met with Mr. Martin and we discussed a Gaming and Technology show that he would like to have a solid pilot for by the end of the semester.

The show will be fully crewed by his advanced video production class. The reason it's relevant to us is that he is looking for Hosts, Writers(News) and Reviewers (Games, Hardware, and Gadgets), and interviewers/interviewees.

The tone of the show will be informative, not taking itself too seriously, but definitely not going to be G4TV(Spike TV for nerds).

This is a great opportunity to get the club involved with RTVF, gain exposure, and experience for the members that are interested.

But keep it on the down-low. He doesn't want a big announcement on it, so keep this information within the club.
Dariel00
Dariel00

Back to top Go down

RTVF-NTTV Gaming Show Empty Re: RTVF-NTTV Gaming Show

Post  amatobahn Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:22 am

So in retrospect its going to be similar to screwattacks 'sidescrollers' or 'hard news?'
amatobahn
amatobahn

Http://www.iamgregamato.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechalon Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 am

Honestly, this sounds like a cool idea. There are a few problems with it though. While the news and such sounds like we could do it, most of it would probably be iterating what has already been revealed on websites like IGN, Gamespot, Engadget and CNet. Then there's the whole idea that if we wanted to actually cover something, getting press passes and access to the big events, as well as travel expenses. UNT events and events in the Denton and DFW area would be easy to cover (including the possibility of trying to find an excuse to cover Comic Con Dallas and A-Kon, with Quakecon being VERY easy), but bigger events like CES and E3 would probably be out of reach.

Second, when it comes to reviews, in order to even do them we have to either have manufactures and publishers be willing to give us the hardware and software, or we have to buy them. And that would get costly, especially at about this time where half the major titles coming out this season came out on one day. This would also mean that by the time the review aired, we would already be way behind.

And the last thing is we already have the competition. With GameTrailers TV on Spike, and then X-Play and Attack of the Show on G4, the question becomes would anyone really watch? Is there a strong enough market within UNT for a technology and gaming show?

That being said, I'd love to be part of it somehow.
Mechalon
Mechalon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dariel00 Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:06 pm

You can discuss and give suggestions to the RTVF department if you're interested. The auditions for the show will be this Friday at 3:30pm to 5:00pm in Studio A in the Radio TV and Film building if anyone is interested.
Dariel00
Dariel00

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechalon Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:43 pm

I can't say I'm the most photogenetic person around, but I might as well. At the least I can address my concerns at the time and throw my hand in for behind the scenes as well. Do we need anything in advance or is everything prepared for us before the audition?
Mechalon
Mechalon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down