Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GDC '12 ride/room share

5 posters

Go down

GDC '12 ride/room share Empty GDC '12 ride/room share

Post  Pugovitz Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 am

Edit: For sure going so far. PJ, Christa, Justin, Dariel, Angela, Shionthedemon (Siana?), Kenya. Justin and I are driving. I'll probably take Christa since the rooms are under her name and Dariel since he's my roommate, so Siana and Kenya will ride with Justin at 10.

Here is where we can organize who is going, what car you're going in, and what hotel room you'll be in. We'll do at least four people per room, maybe more depending on who doesn't mind sleeping on the floor and/or sharing beds.

My car can fit four people besides myself, though three people in the back may be a little cramped. My car will probably leave around 6ish.

Let us know if you're coming and if you can drive, so we can get a good head count.

Last edited by Pugovitz on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pugovitz
Pugovitz

Back to top Go down

GDC '12 ride/room share Empty Re: GDC '12 ride/room share

Post  thasric Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 pm

I also created an event on Facebook for anyone who is interested. The link is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/375718095837165/

For those without Facebook, you may still view the event and see the comments.

Tonight is your LAST CHANCE to register with your free student passes, so if you would like to attend, email UNTGameMakers@gmail.com.
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

GDC '12 ride/room share Empty Hotel Stuffs

Post  thasric Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:05 pm

I reserved two rooms at Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center Austin. It's about 0.2 miles from the Convention Center where we will be located, so it will be well within walking distance. Here's the address:
300 East 4th Street, Austin, TX US 78701

Everyone who stays in the hotel will split the price, so I will let you all know how much it will cost once we have everyone confirmed.

As far as travel arrangements go, I would like to ride with whoever is leaving the earliest so I can check us in at the hotel.

Edit:
We changed hotels. Here's the new address.
1201 North Interstate 35
Austin (Texas), TX 78702

Last edited by thasric on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechalon Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:59 pm

I will be leaving at about 10 that night. I know that is really late, but I don't get off work until 9:30 that night. I just ask that at least one person rides with me. My car should be able to fit at least three others besides me.
Mechalon
Mechalon

Back to top Go down

Post  JRolls89 Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Hey guys I can go to GDC in Austin on Monday. The thing is, I will be in Fort Worth working til about 5:30 and then can leave whenever afterwards. I could make the trip to Denton, but considering that if I'm picking up people from Denton, that means I'd have to drive from Fort Worth to Denton then back down to Fort Worth and onward to Austin, wasting about 80 miles worth of gas. If a maximum of 4 people, which is how much I can fit in my car, can be picked up very close to Fort Worth, like in a neutral area for example, that would be very much appreciated.
JRolls89
JRolls89

Back to top Go down

Post  thasric Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 pm

JRolls89 wrote:Hey guys I can go to GDC in Austin on Monday. The thing is, I will be in Fort Worth working til about 5:30 and then can leave whenever afterwards. I could make the trip to Denton, but considering that if I'm picking up people from Denton, that means I'd have to drive from Fort Worth to Denton then back down to Fort Worth and onward to Austin, wasting about 80 miles worth of gas. If a maximum of 4 people, which is how much I can fit in my car, can be picked up very close to Fort Worth, like in a neutral area for example, that would be very much appreciated.

Well, the problem is that a lot of the people who need rides don't have cars... If you'd like, we could try to arrange for someone to pick you up in Fort Worth so you will all have cheaper gas.
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

Post  thasric Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Christa on Facebook wrote:It has come to our attention that several people think there won't be any talks to attend with the Expo pass. This isn't true. Check out the schedule I linked below.

I attended last year with the Expo pass, and there was still enough to keep me busy each day. From looking at the schedule, I think it will be the same this year.

Yeah, so go check out the Schedule Builder link on Facebook. =)
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

Post  JRolls89 Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

thasric wrote:
JRolls89 wrote:Hey guys I can go to GDC in Austin on Monday. The thing is, I will be in Fort Worth working til about 5:30 and then can leave whenever afterwards. I could make the trip to Denton, but considering that if I'm picking up people from Denton, that means I'd have to drive from Fort Worth to Denton then back down to Fort Worth and onward to Austin, wasting about 80 miles worth of gas. If a maximum of 4 people, which is how much I can fit in my car, can be picked up very close to Fort Worth, like in a neutral area for example, that would be very much appreciated.

Well, the problem is that a lot of the people who need rides don't have cars... If you'd like, we could try to arrange for someone to pick you up in Fort Worth so you will all have cheaper gas.

What do you propose?
JRolls89
JRolls89

Back to top Go down

Post  JRolls89 Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:07 am

Do to a last minute change in my English class' syllabus, my essay is due 1 week earlier than expected. As a result, I'm going to need to focus my time on that as I hate writing essays and they take me a good while to write. I hope y'all have a safe trip and have fun!
JRolls89
JRolls89

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugovitz Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:46 am

Sorry you can't make it, Jordan. We'll bring back some nice swag for you (they didn't have a lot last time, but there were some things).
Pugovitz
Pugovitz

Back to top Go down

Post  thasric Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 am

JRolls89 wrote:Do to a last minute change in my English class' syllabus, my essay is due 1 week earlier than expected. As a result, I'm going to need to focus my time on that as I hate writing essays and they take me a good while to write. I hope y'all have a safe trip and have fun!

D'aww... We'll help you edit your essay if you come with us. =3

But it's alright, man. Homework comes first; we understand.
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

Post  thasric Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 am

Also, the hotel reservation has changed. The new hotel is here:

Super 8
1201 North Interstate 35
Austin (Texas), TX 78702

It's a slightly further walk, but it's a bajillionth of the price. =)
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

GDC '12 ride/room share Empty GDC Comfirmation

Post  shionthedemon Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:18 pm

My friend, Kenya, and I are definitely going and we don't care who we go with. We prefer to leave at around 6 but we're totally fine with leaving at a later date. Also, we'll both be crashing at our homes and we'll just meet up with everyone else.

shionthedemon

Back to top Go down

Post  thasric Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Awesome. Thanks so much for confirming, you guys. =) Can't wait to see you there.
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechalon Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 pm

shionthedemon wrote:My friend, Kenya, and I are definitely going and we don't care who we go with. We prefer to leave at around 6 but we're totally fine with leaving at a later date. Also, we'll both be crashing at our homes and we'll just meet up with everyone else.

As far as I know, PJ will be taking Christa, Dariel and Angela, so that's a full car. Meaning as I am the only one who still has spots left, you'll have to ride with me (meaning we leave at about 10, sorry). So just let me know where to pick you two up, and when we get to Austin I'll drop you guys off wherever you need to be.
Mechalon
Mechalon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down