Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What company would you like to work for?

+2
Dariel00
Pugovitz
6 posters

Go down

What company would you like to work for? Empty What company would you like to work for?

Post  Pugovitz Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm bored at work and browsing my favorite game company directory: http://www.gamedevmap.com/ It lets you see what companies are in what cities.

I grew up in Austin, so I'm gonna try as hard as possible to go back after college. Luckily there are some fantastic companies down there: BioWare, Sony, Arcane, Retro Studios, Twisted Pixel, Blizzard, Vigil, and a surprising number of other quality studios. I'd love to work for any of those guys; BioWare Austin is making the MMO Old Replubic, Arcane is a new studio made up of old vets working on Dishonored.

Where do you want to go and/or who do you want to work for after college?
Pugovitz
Pugovitz

Back to top Go down

What company would you like to work for? Empty Re: What company would you like to work for?

Post  Dariel00 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 am

I have a strange infatuation with representing my home town, so I'd like to work at a Dallas (area) company. I'm shootin' for Gearbox! Bioware, Bethesda, and Sony would also be grand.
Dariel00
Dariel00

Back to top Go down

What company would you like to work for? Empty Re: What company would you like to work for?

Post  Threepwood42 Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:15 am

Telltale Games, Double Fine, or Bioware for me.
Threepwood42
Threepwood42

Back to top Go down

Post  Teufelhund86 Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Bioware and Bethesda would be at the top of my list.

Teufelhund86

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawnnypoo Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Valve is my dream, but they are best of the best. It's going to take a lot of work to get to that level. I would also love either Sucker Punch, 343 Studios or possibly even Bungie. Most certainly want to go up north though.
Jawnnypoo
Jawnnypoo

http://www.jawnnypoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawnnypoo Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Oh and by the way, Arkane was at QuakeCon this year in case you weren't there. They talked a bit about Dishonored; it sounds like it is going to be quite amazing.
Jawnnypoo
Jawnnypoo

http://www.jawnnypoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Break Man Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:55 pm

After playing the phenomenal Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, I wouldn't mind working for Mercury Steam. Or Ninja Theory, if only to have at least one competent person on their staff... They're mucking about with my Devil May Cry. I don't like it.
Break Man
Break Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Pugovitz Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Break Man wrote:After playing the phenomenal Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, I wouldn't mind working for Mercury Steam. Or Ninja Theory, if only to have at least one competent person on their staff... They're mucking about with my Devil May Cry. I don't like it.
Maybe they'll have Andy Serkis do the mocap for Dante =P
Pugovitz
Pugovitz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum