Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

+68
SpeedRacerBen
iJordan
Sabz
PurpleHeartKon
Redstar
sfj07
Mechalon
lovebug
Cdore
Sonus
VocanyPitia
BrailleOperatic
mr.elmore
Beavis
Frijebai
BrenGamer
Sarafu
DianeRobson
Kazcampbell
NonAvailable
SamuelLeffingwell
kiblade
Axyl
RTannerB
Coding_with_ice_in_hands
Kim
iamkyrsten
Jawnnypoo
wrightredhead
Core
JRolls89
Teufelhund86
TheHuyurugu
Piola
Jonathan
Syrant
Elite Yoshi
Ginger
Jake
Duke of Spoot
Kilgorn
nintendude794
WACLAY
evanafter
TallonRain
john.k.h.vo
Zephindabius
Dariel00
TheWritingWriter
Erin
thasric
sambo
rodre1
Culver
TzarinaRegina
Tyler Watson
amatobahn
Kevin
kidofthefence
ambidextrous
Mat
Jeff
Break Man
Shadowfire
Threepwood42
IAmSerge
Pugovitz
TheShadowMaster
72 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Code Monkey

Post  BrenGamer Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:58 pm

I am Brendan Price.
I am here to program some games and chew bubble gum.
I've got some extra gum for anyone interested.

I'm a computer science graduate student at UNT working on a master's. I've working on various school game projects before, but I haven't done any game programming outside of class. I consider myself a team leader and can help focus a vision for a game. I'm good with code and debugging but I'm looking forward to design. Only problem seems that everyone here wants to do design and has their own ideas.

For many years I have been a DM and from that experience I know how to work players together and how to build a world and campaign. I also know quite a bit about building a campaign on the fly. I wonder how I can incorporate that into a game. . .
BrenGamer
BrenGamer

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hey

Post  Frijebai Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:05 am

My name is Daniel. I'm a junior majoring in film.
Most played games: involve zombies. Like Resident Evil series & Zombies Ate My Neighbors which I just downloaded it for my Wii.
The Sims. Starcraft II. I'm waiting for the new Zelda game to come out.
More recently I got into fighting games. Like Blaz Blue and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.
I got practice from writing scripts, so I could help out with writing. I also got handheld pro recording equipment (Zoom H4n) to record dialogue by the voice actors. Even music by musicians.

Frijebai

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hallo

Post  Beavis Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm Tyler, I saw an ad for this group and figured I'd check it out. I'm a freshman majoring in Biology, but what I really love is music production. I've been playing games my entire life and am very passionate about the industry. I play and love all kinds of games (My Steam library is over 200 games and counting!), and my favorites are Super Metroid and Resident Evil 4. I'm extremely interested in the design side of games, but my only real talent is composing and producing music and sound. So if I can offer that talent in any way, I'd be thrilled to help. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Beavis
Beavis

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Re: Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

Post  mr.elmore Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:26 pm

My name is Brian Elmore. I'm a UNT alum and a graphic designer.

I came across the flyer for the first meeting while checking out a friend's photography exhibition in the Art building.

Missed the first meeting, but should be making it to the second one tonight.

My interests/skills:
Level design
Environment art
UDK
3dsMax
Photoshop
Current personal project: Short & simple FPS level built in UDK to learn basic asset building and Kismet.
BrenGamer wrote:I am here to program some games and chew bubble gum.
YES.

Last edited by mr.elmore on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot stuff.)
mr.elmore
mr.elmore

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hail and Well Met

Post  BrailleOperatic Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Hey guys, I'm Jeremy. I'm a junior majoring in Theatre Arts.

I found out about this all about two hours before tonight's meeting, and I met a bunch of you all there. I figured proper form dictated I set up an account here, and here I am.

My skills are primarily writing and voice acting, with a little bit more skill in the former. However, I would love to try my hand at some other areas such as level design, and programming, and see if I don't suck at those either. I've played around with a couple game development programs before, but nothing really too very in depth, so I guess I'll just wet my feet and see.

Also, heil Bastion.

...or something.
BrailleOperatic
BrailleOperatic

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty No title

Post  VocanyPitia Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Hello, my name is Vocany Pitia and I am a Physics and Pre Comp Sci Major with a minor in Math. I am interested in developing code for the game(s).

VocanyPitia

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Re: Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

Post  Sonus Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello, my name is Alena.

I am a currently a senior and I am majoring in Radio-Television-Film and minoring in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. I am specializing in sound engineering. I enjoy every aspect of post production audio but my biggest interests are in foley (creating sound effects), ADR recording and sound design. I used to be a radio DJ on KEOM 88.5 FM and I have worked on several film and audio projects. Last semester I worked two advanced film shorts and did all location recording and post production sound which included foley, ADR, level corrections, dialogue editing, mixing and sound design. One of the films currently won 3rd Place in the Short Films category at the Bayou City Inspirational Film Festival. I plan on going into the media industry and would enjoy working on video games too.

I mostly enjoying playing adventure, RPG and puzzle games. Some of my favorite games are the Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton and Zelda series as well as Bioshock and Chrono Trigger. And I will always land forever will love tetris.

Sonus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cdore Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Hey guys. Cordero here. Was referenced to this club and am happy to see something like this being conjured at UNT. Hopefully we gain enough support to one day gain the eyes of game development giants.

I'm currently majoring in Computer Science, but I also specialize in art, traditional and digital. I've developed a good sum of games over my years, with two currently online through Game Maker's website: My Profile. I also have a DA, which you can find me at: www.cortheonly.deviantart.com .

I am currently working with a fellow computer science friend developing a 2D platformer for Xbox's indie platform, and are scheduled to release it hopefully by the end of the month.
Cdore
Cdore

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty heya

Post  lovebug Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Hey everybody, I'm Katherine Salavarria, a sophomore that recently switched from an English major to a History one and perhaps I will have a Creative Writing minor. My career is up for grabs because what I want to do is write novels and that is a difficult area to enter. However, I have had a curiosity for story design and writing scripts for games and hell, doing voice overs sounds fun! When I heard about this club, I got really excited and I'm looking forward to how this works out.

I love creating worlds, cultures, characters, story plots etc etc and (as a huge fan of LOTR) I love fantasy adventures games (Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, etc etc). So yeah, I look forward to working with you guys! Very Happy
lovebug
lovebug

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechalon Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:50 pm

So, my name is Justin Green. I'm a Computer Science major. I'm actually taking a game programming class. Thought I'd come here because I could use artist and musicians for my game. As well, just want to find people to hang out with.

So, you want someone to hang out with, talk to (about life, problems, whatever), play 360 or some Steam games with, or need help with your computer science work, just hit me up. I'll help if I can, I like to be helpful.
Mechalon
Mechalon

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Intro

Post  sfj07 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Hey guys!

Im Sydnee, I'm a senior at UNT studying film, and I'd like to help with Sound design and sound editing if you guys need more people in that area! I'd love to help!

sfj07

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Better late then never

Post  Redstar Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:44 pm

My name is Michael Contreras

I am a freshmen and going to major in computer science. I have made a couple of games off of a few programs that were more drag and drop your artwork and make premade coding out of them.

So far I have made a few 2D games as well as a RPG game that takes a good 2-4 hours to finish depending on how well the person is. I even made a game on PowerPoint! Sort of like a Dungeons and Dragons type of game.

I don't know so much about coding only little. But the more I learn about it, the better I get at it and will eventually know everything.

-R3DSTAR
Redstar
Redstar

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleHeartKon Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:17 am

Hello, everyone! My name is Tyler, and I'm a technical Sophomore (not really sure, as transfer credits are unbelievably weird to sort out...or, at least they seem to be to the administration) majoring in English with a focus on Creative Writing, and probably minoring in Criminal Justice/Criminalistics. I've never actually tried my hand at writing geared towards a video game, but I'd like to get into it - as, if possible, that may be what I'd like to do one day. Also really into voice acting, so if you guys need that then I'd definitely be down for helping! It's always good to get practice!

Mostly a PC and PS3 gamer (although, mainly PS3). I'm into RPGs, jRPGs, Strategy RPGs...any type of RPGs really, and Survival Horror. Love games like Elder Scrolls, Golden Sun, Silent Hill, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Phoenix Wright, and Professor Layton. I'm usually always willing to give any game a chance, though!
PurpleHeartKon
PurpleHeartKon

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hello

Post  Sabz Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 am

Saw the flyer in the music Building. I am a music composition major with a voice concentration. I've been playing games since I was little. Always loved the music. My favorite soundtracks include: Majora's Mask, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy, etc. Basically Koji Kondo and David Wise are my biggest influences in regards to game music. I find their work inspiring, especially when you consider how little they had to work with, it's astounding.

Anyway, I'd love to work on any sound design/music for any type of game or anything really, I love composing and am versatile in most mediums; however, I'm not the strongest in Max/MSP. Finale/FLStudio/Traditional Pen and paper/etc. I also have access to a vocoder and synthesizer.

I look forward to working with you all.

Daniel Sabzghabaei

Sabz

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty iOS dev here

Post  iJordan Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Hiya all found this board through one of my class discussions. I am a junior and comp sci major. I am 22 and am behind because of changing majors last year. I know C and the subset objective C. I also know cocos2d. I am here to hopefully meet some people in the same field and people to work with. I play pretty much any game on any platform. I grew up playing the Snes and my dads old Atari system. I love games from the old school arcade donkey kong and dragons lair to the new game franchises like call of duty, wow, and sc2. I also enjoying laning and having a good time. I am looking in starting up my own game design studio, so if anyone is interested in that idea let me know! If not no worries and I hope to see you all around!

Hopefully my grammar is correct I am doing this on an iPad which is not always friendly. If not grammar nazi please have mercy! pale

iJordan

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty something clever

Post  SpeedRacerBen Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:24 am

Hello!

I'm Ben! I'm majoring in Economics and Computer Science, originally I'd planned to do graphic design but the pay is awful and the work soul shredding. I still have a portfolio though with some samples of 3d work!

http://benjamincrozier.weebly.com/my-portfolio.html

If your ready to launch your game and need help with the cover art I'm happy to oblige! (direct contact info's on the site). I decided to actually make video games independently only recently having fantasizing about it for years. Started of with Unity and 3ds Max, but i'm thinking i'll switch to UDK since there's just not enough support for unity online. i blog about it here: http://emergentgames.weebly.com/the-blog.html but I'm not working on it as often as I should :/

Fav games: Metal Gear Solid, Chrono Cross, NFS Most Wanted and alot more.

I want to make psychedelic space fighter jet games, like "Dream Emulator" and "Myst" meets "ace combat" yea i know i'm pitching for an audience of one.

So when do you guys meet? or how does this work?
SpeedRacerBen
SpeedRacerBen

http://benjamincrozier.weebly.com/my-portfolio.html

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Greetings

Post  Alucard Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Hello.

My name is Daniel Hogue, and I'm a Computer Science Major, freshman (2nd Semester).

I'm very interested in designing games and have an excess of ideas, however, sadly I am unable to really make the meeting times that were apparently declared.

I wasn't even really aware we had a club for this until a bit ago (though not really surprising since we have a Game Design class or two here) so that is why I'm only now showing up.

I'm definitely more on the programming side of things, but I think I have decent enough art to communicate an idea, so... I can kind of work with that. On the programming end, I have minor experience with C++ and Java, and am working on C now, due to my classes.

Despite my inability to make the meeting times (unless they're changed), I'd love to be a part of this somehow.

Alucard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nlayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Hello! My name is Nicholas Holley, male, 19 years of age, and I am currently a freshmen here at UNT. My planned major is English with a focus of creative writing.

The area I am most interested in is Story-writing. I've always wanted to work in the field of video games as a story writer and would very much like to develop my skills. My plan is to graduate college and work for a company doing just that! I don't have any large experience in regards to game development; however, I am working on writing a story for a small RPG that my brother is coding (he's about to get his degree as a certified game programmer). Nothing too serious right now, but it's something and it's growing. I also do a lot of story writing that is not game-related. I currently have a short novel written and just need to edit it before selling it on Amazon. Again, nothing too super incredible, but it's experience nonetheless!

My favorite types of games are the ones that focus on a strong narrative. Of course, I do enjoy a fun game that focuses on the interaction of game-play, but story-driven games are where my heart lies. Some of my favorites consist of Heavy Rain, Uncharted series, Metal Gear Solid series, Mass Effect series, Final Fantasy VII & IX, Legend of Legaia, King's Quest series, and so on. My all-time favorite game would be a title by the name of "Threads of Fate" that released exclusively for the PS1.

Some people in the field who inspire me: Drew Karpyshyn, Amy Hennig, Tim Schafer, and Roberta Williams.

I'm really excited to meet like-minded people and have some fun while working on projects! Looking forward to learning as much as I can. Maybe make some new awesome friends as well! Also, I hope I'm not too late introducing myself to this club!

Oh, and, you can just call me Nick. =]
Nlayer
Nlayer

http://nlayer.forumcircle.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Majas Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:03 am

Hm, I just noticed that I've never introduced myself on these forums. D'oh.

I'm Mallory, majoring in art and classified as a Junior even though I won't be graduating for awhile (just couldn't decide what to stick with!) :B

I'd say my main interest is in just doing projects in general. I'm very open-minded and flexible on said projects, as long as it is reasonable and able to completed within a feasible time schedule. I DO enjoy discussing the entire spectrum of the game with everyone involved, though, because making it verbal somehow helps to iron out everything.

I'm a beast when it comes to getting a lot of art done - if a game is lacking something, I will ensure it gets what it needs, even if that means I lose sleep~ :D

I have experience in creating complete games, though it was through a dorky medium ;D I seriously spent weeks and weeks making pixel art / coding the scripts for it, too, so expect the same level of attention from me for any other kind of project I join!

Also, here's my website and deviantART account, if you're interested.
Majas
Majas

http://www.meinart.net

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Introductions I know lame title :(

Post  Robb61 Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:24 am

Hi my name is Robert Knoles, though I prefer to go by Robert Moore or Knoles-Moore. I am going to be majoring in computer science where I also hope to get my masters in. I hope to one day work for a major game company, mainly EA. I am interested in the programming and general development of a game from game discussions to level design to QA testing, I don't have a lot of artistic abilities however. I know the basics of Java, but not a lot of C++ though I am a very quick learner and those languages will soon come to me as I use them more often (if anyone knows of a good place to learn C++, please share as I am still looking for a food place to learn it from). I like just about all types of games, but the Dead Space series is by far my favorite (pre-ordered the third one in late June Very Happy ). I am a very easy going guy, and I work very well with others and I enjoy listening to other peoples' ideas. I think this group is going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait to meet the other people involved in this organization! I'll be seeing you all in the fall!

-Robert

Robb61

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next