Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

+68
SpeedRacerBen
iJordan
Sabz
PurpleHeartKon
Redstar
sfj07
Mechalon
lovebug
Cdore
Sonus
VocanyPitia
BrailleOperatic
mr.elmore
Beavis
Frijebai
BrenGamer
Sarafu
DianeRobson
Kazcampbell
NonAvailable
SamuelLeffingwell
kiblade
Axyl
RTannerB
Coding_with_ice_in_hands
Kim
iamkyrsten
Jawnnypoo
wrightredhead
Core
JRolls89
Teufelhund86
TheHuyurugu
Piola
Jonathan
Syrant
Elite Yoshi
Ginger
Jake
Duke of Spoot
Kilgorn
nintendude794
WACLAY
evanafter
TallonRain
john.k.h.vo
Zephindabius
Dariel00
TheWritingWriter
Erin
thasric
sambo
rodre1
Culver
TzarinaRegina
Tyler Watson
amatobahn
Kevin
kidofthefence
ambidextrous
Mat
Jeff
Break Man
Shadowfire
Threepwood42
IAmSerge
Pugovitz
TheShadowMaster
72 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty My Introduction

Post  JRolls89 Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:25 am

Why hello. The name is Jordan. Or Roller. Whichever you prefer really. I go by either of these. I'm an English major with a concentration in creative writing.

Gaming has been the biggest part of my life growing up and I plan to continue working on games after graduation by getting my Master's in Level Design at the Guildhall of SMU. I love that aspect the most of gaming but I do respect the tremendous effort that the other fields do for the gaming industry, such as art and animation, programming, marketing, and so on. I don't like limiting myself to just one genre because there are so many different types of games and each is fun in their own respect. Preferably I enjoy action/adventure and rpgs as well as the shooters. If I had to say what my favorite game is, it would have to be either The Legend of Dragoon or the Mass Effect series.

I have some experience with beginning programming in C++ with a little bit of C#, but I prefer designing the games and working on the game engines. I've worked with UDK before, creating my first level ever, and a bit with Unity, creating a square for my "worm that shoots fire" to play in.

I hope to gain the experience and knowledge necessary to prepare me for when I go off to the Guildhall of SMU for my Master's as well as prepare for when I actually go work in the gaming industry. But also, like the function that games always provide, I want to have fun while I do this as well. I can't wait to get started and am really psyched for what is to come!
JRolls89
JRolls89

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty I misspelled my username; ver.2

Post  Core Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:58 am

So i just typed this all out a second ago but I have terribad luck with forums and it got erased. So here we go again. Razz

Hey everyone, I'm Corey. I'm a junior and philosophy major at UNT, about to declare a second major of English w/ Creative Writing focus now that i'm on the road to become a good student instead of a lazy douchebagel. I write (stories, poetry), art (sketches and character/concept art of the 2d variety mostly; no photoshop or 3d modeling chops to speak of), music (guitar, sing, some proficiency with piano/keyboard, as well as listen), watch movies and shows (too varied to talk about concisely in this format), game (all genres, chess, love tabletop gaming), and read (philosophy, fiction, graphic novels, etc.).

This version seems to be a lot more compressed than its late, prototypical older brother. /tangent

I'd really enjoy working on the conceptual side of things. I have a lot of ideas for my own stuff, but would be more than glad to help do writing for projects here (already been bouncing ideas with Dariel about the game he posted here). A well told story or well executed artistic vision is what I strive for in personal work as well as what I seek out in my hobbies. My favorite games are ones that communicated powerful ideas or emotions above all else.

Quick obligatory list of favorite games:
Spoiler:

Other notable facts are that I'm Dariel's friend and room mate. We've been bouncing ideas for the thing he posted here and I'm excited to work on that with him and anyone else. I really can't think of anything else, I think I burned myself out.

Dariel says to mention that I have Logic Express and that I fiddle with really basic synth patching and such from time to time.

P.S.: I didn't actually misspell my name, I just have a stupid sense of humor.

Last edited by Core on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : uh oh spoilertags)

Core

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Intro

Post  wrightredhead Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:08 am

Hello I am Kyle Wright. I am a Information Technology Business Major. I have used both C++ and HTML before so I know a little computer language but not enough to be much of a big help. Im a sophomore so I have another year before I can start my computer classes. I like designing and creating ideas for games along with programming it when I learn. I also own my own tech support business on the side for some extra cash.
wrightredhead
wrightredhead

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hi there all

Post  Jawnnypoo Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Hey guys, sorry it took a while to post on here. It is a pleasure to be in this club. I really look forward to getting something going in a group and I think this is a great way to get a jump start in the industry.

Anyways, I am John Carlson. I am here at UNT to get a degree in CS and a certificate in game programming. I really hope to work in the industry, and plan on moving out up to Seattle after school to check out and potentially work at one of the companies up there (quite a few to choose from). I have almost every console out there, and I have loved gaming since birth. Very Happy

I hope that I can balance school and this club. I am currently in Computing Foundations, and I have some knowledge of C and Java, as well as a little bit of HTML from making a web site. I hope to learn more as the years go on and get really involved in the club (as long as I don't keep having so much Cal 2 homework). Oh, and if you have an android phone, download my app! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jawn&feature=search_result

Thanks guys and hope we can all have fun! By the way that is deadmau5 in the background of my picture. Best night ever!
Jawnnypoo
Jawnnypoo

http://www.jawnnypoo.com

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Ello, chaps

Post  iamkyrsten Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:32 am

Major: Advertising
Minors: English and Psychology

Interesting fact: I'm dating the boy who posted above me and I have been for 4 years!

Game interest: I'd be lying if I said I was really into gaming without John, before him I only played Nancy Drew games, shut up I'm cool, I still play them. Now I have played inFamous (I LOVE THIS GAME!) and I'm working on Uncharted oh and I beat Portal 2 single player and co-op. So my gaming list is really short, but I have completely fallen in love with the industry and art of it all and I can't wait to advertise for video games!

Oh and go look at my logo in the logo thing! Yeah! Do it!

Stuff you'll probably skip:
I am Roman Catholic! Yay! I love The Rite, Book of Eli, Donnie Darko, The Village (Shut up, M. Night is awesome), I love deadmau5, Skrillex, NERO (and yes I met deadmau5 too!), I am way more awesome than John!
iamkyrsten
iamkyrsten

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Re: Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

Post  Kim Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:31 am

My name is Kim Fry (soon to be Vail, getting married on Saturday). I am a graduate student in the department of behavior analysis. I initially got involved with the field through animal training but over the years my primary interest (but I still work with animals) has changed to data collection, analysis, and measurement as well as selectionist robotics/AI.

As far as gaming goes, I love RPGs and that's my primary interest (I played a lot of fighting games when I was younger but not any more). I play both computer and in person (I have three D&D groups that meet weekly and I'm going to start DMing my own game very soon). I really enjoy games of all types and learning about game theory.

Other useful skills I have: I play bass guitar and was in a band for several years. I would love to work/collaborate on music. My band did experimental jazz metal. Really weird out there stuff but a lot of fun to play.

I can code a little but I think there's enough people already on here who can do it better than I can. Mostly its just a hobby and all self-taught but it's a lot of fun and I'm willing to learn.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Re: Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

Post  Pugovitz Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:40 am

Congratulations Kim Vail ;D As someone that was once in a very long relationship, I can tell you you just made Johnnypoo really nervous talking about wedding stuff.

Any chance you have any of the jazz metal online? I love that shit.... sometimes....
Pugovitz
Pugovitz

Back to top Go down

Post  iamkyrsten Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Pugovitz wrote:Congratulations Kim Vail ;D As someone that was once in a very long relationship, I can tell you you just made Johnnypoo really nervous talking about wedding stuff.

Any chance you have any of the jazz metal online? I love that shit.... sometimes....

No, no, no Jawnnypoo is my boyfriend...we're young....not getting married. I think you got Kim and I confused.
iamkyrsten
iamkyrsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Coding_with_ice_in_hands Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey ya'll. Name Htoo Aung (pronounce Htoo Aung .. XD), also goes by the name of Iceman (i think that would be easier for u to call me rather than "Ummm, heyyyyyyy"). I am between junior and sophomore i guess cuz i don't know how many hours i have right now. Anyway, I am really into gaming. I've been in gaming since tetris and mario were thought as the greatest games with best graphic with complicated game play. Now is 2011 and I missed those moments.

So now, instead of playing those games, i am more into writing them. I am a programmer skill in C++, Java, C# ... and thats it. Oh and i am also learning XNA 4.0 on my own and that would be my main 2d game development tool as of now. Yeah, i am more into 2d gaming right now rather than 3d cuz i believe that its the right way to do.

U know, something like this (for programmers out there Very Happy)

void practiceGameDevelopment(); // WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR SKILL AS GAME DEVELOPMENT
beginner = 0;
if (i = beginner; i <= skillYouWantToAchieve;)
{
if practiceGameDevelopment() == true
i++;
else
i = beginner;
}

So in order to get out of the loop, I need to increase my skillz. So if ya'll needs some help with coding, holla at me, i will be more than happy to help you.
Anyway, glad to be part of this group.

Coding_with_ice_in_hands

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

iamkyrsten wrote:
Pugovitz wrote:Congratulations Kim Vail ;D As someone that was once in a very long relationship, I can tell you you just made Johnnypoo really nervous talking about wedding stuff.

No, no, no Jawnnypoo is my boyfriend...we're young....not getting married. I think you got Kim and I confused.

Getting so many girls confused when talking about relationships should be the real reason to get nervous. Wink

Yes. The band has an old myspace page (haha) http://www.myspace.com/themadscientists .

Since, we're no longer active we haven't updated it in a while but it can give you a general idea of what we did. These days I'm doing more instrumental type stuff that could be used as soundtracks.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Introductions, Late as it may be.

Post  RTannerB Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Hey Everyone!

My name is Tanner, i just transfered to UNT this semester and am majoring in RTVF, emphasis on the F. Also working on a minor in art.
-As far as gaming goes, i would have to say my favorite is RPG's (as im really into crafting ones own story), though i really enjoy blowing enemies to pieces and puzzle games as well. While i have very little technical knowledge as far as game making goes i am SUPER interested in learning everything i can, and would love to help out anyone who needs a hand, and if you have some tips you could send my way i would appreciate that also.
-I have done a pretty wide variety of film work, so any cinematic/visual elements, story development, art, acting, ect ect I would love to do and bring my talents to whatever yall are working on. Feel free to contact me whenever you like! deadchairfilms@hotmail.com

-RTB

(ps, if i voted dislike on your post im sorry, it was not intentional as i was still getting accustomed to this forum)

RTannerB

Back to top Go down

Post  Axyl Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Hello everyone,
The name is Charles Shone, but I go by Vern. I am a com sci major and have enough credits to be a Junior, but I would say I am at the Sophomore level as far as comp sci related classes go. Skilled at C++ and know a bit of Java. I would say my strongest skills to bring to the table right now though is my creativity. I'm always coming up with ideas be it video games, board games, or whatever else my brain is working on. I'm extremely analytical and precise with my thoughts as well, always trying to think how something might go wrong with an idea and how to prevent that issue before it happens.

I'm also a huge gamer. Right now my main obsession is Minecraft with Team Fortress 2 as the current runner up. However, I definitely play a large array of different types of games (except sports games, just not my thing). I also have a couple spare computers if anyone is interested in setting up private servers for either Minecraft or TF2 (or any other game the majority of you like) for us to game on as a group.

Anyway, as much as I could talk about myself, meeting me in person says much more. Hopefully I'll be able to start meeting up with you guys soon. I'm posting this from class so I'll probably add my pic later. Thanks for reading!

edit: Just as a side note, I was unable to attend the first meeting due to being out of town that day. Waiting anxiously for another meet-up.

Axyl

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty A riddle, wrapped in an enigma.

Post  kiblade Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Greetings Comrades,

My name is Jonathan, I'm 20, and I am thoroughly enthusiastic about
the potential of video games. Currently, I am studying Computer Science
so I can prepare for the Guildhall at SMU. I am familiar with C++,
Java, and MIPS assembly - and would like to contribute in any way I can.
I have some good ideas for game design; I have been developing an
eclectic taste for a long time, analyzing why games are
successful/unsuccessful for years. A few favorites of mine include:
Team Fortress 2
Kingdom Hearts (franchise)
Fallout 3
Eternal Sonata
Catherine
Bayonetta
Super Smash Bros. Melee

If anyone wants to have a go at me in any of these titles
(or some of your own), let me know; I find competition a good ice breaker. (:V)

Add me on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jonnyistheman
kiblade
kiblade

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jonnyistheman

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Sam, a.k.a Brinsurian!

Post  SamuelLeffingwell Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:46 am

My name is Sam, I'm currently listed as a sophomore but I'm only 6 credits from being a junior. I'm a computer science major and I love to play just about every kind of game except or sports. I don't have a ton of experience in making games, basically just what you learn here at unt. With work and school my schedule is pretty hectic so I may only play a small part in any project that you may choose to include me in. I can program in both c++ and java, but I prefer c++. Games I like to play are WoW and Minecraft. My online name I like to use is brinsurian, a name I came up with for wow Razz so yeah that's me, hope this club turns out great! Very Happy

SamuelLeffingwell

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Sup

Post  NonAvailable Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi there, my name's Christy.
I'm a freshman majoring in Biology BS (because my mom and sister bullied me into it >_> ...at least I'll get a cintiq out of this). Wanted to go to New Media Art at first though, might still go later on in life.

I have no real talent when it comes to coding so I won't be going anywhere near that. The only coding I've ever done is basic HTML/CSS and for this little program. And maybe some Ren'Py coding...but those visual/kinetic novels =3=
However, I can do some voice acting if you want (but I'll probably end up just doing some cute/hyper character D| Dang my childish voice). And I can do a little voice editing...still trying to get used to Audacity...if I ever stopped messing around and doing demonic voices.
Maybe some animations both 2D and 3D. I've dabbled a little in both animation styles...never really finished anything because I was lazy. On the other hand, I can't really make 3D models yet (still teaching myself how to use Blender).
I'm familiar with a couple art programs, such as: Paint Tool Sai, Gimp 2 (but I'm really rusty), Manga Studio, Photoshop Sai, and Adobe Flash.
I've done some pixel art and small animations...if that'll even mean anything xD (everything's practically all 3D now).

I love various kinds of video games. But my favorites would be RPG, Action, Fantasy, Strategy, Puzzle-Solving, Life simulation, Adventure, and games based around music. I also enjoy games that involve designing or building, like MySims for PC...yup I'm that deprived of videogames D: (I really want to get minecraft though)
If you ever mention anything about Kingdom Hearts, MegaMan (classic, X, Network, and Star Force), Star Ocean 3, and/or Pokemon around me...be prepared to have your ear either talked off or bleeding due to me screaming/spazzing over the games. I do like some first-shooter games like Halo and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but I just dabble in the genre. I also like the Fable franchise but I've never played them myself except the last one (which was very anti-climatic and they did a jerk move at the end :I ).

I actually don't have much games myself because my parents know I have a game addiction and don't want to waste money on videogames. I mostly just look at gameplays on YT to fill up some void or just hope my friends have the games and play them at their place. Or I just use roms...yup I'm that desperate...

And before you ask, I normally don't talk a lot unless I trust you or you get me in hyper mode (just give me sugar, caffeine, or mention anime/games).

Last edited by NonAvailable on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
NonAvailable
NonAvailable

http://non-available.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Kaz Campbell

Post  Kazcampbell Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kaz Campbell. I am a college sophomore planning to major in emergency management and planning.

Prior to coming to college I  owned a small indie video game company that used contracted workers from around the world. Unfortunately are project lost funding and we had to shut down the business.  I am ready to get back into video game design this time doing it for fun rather than for money. I have experience of leading development teams, however my coding and artwork skills are limited.

I am excited about getting involved in video game design again! I hope to  work closely with all of you guys and create some neat video games!

Best Regards,
Kaz Campbell
Kaz.l.Campbell@gmail.com

Best Regards,
Kaz Campbell

Kazcampbell

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hi, I am Diane Robson

Post  DianeRobson Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:23 am

I work in the UNT Media Library and one of my jobs is to continue the development of our gaming collection and promote gaming events.

We are interested in all types of gaming. This year we plan to focus our energy on serious gaming and how the university intends to teach and use this type of game.

We are just at the beginning of our collection development and serious budget cuts have slowed its growth drastically. Give our collection a look at http://www.library.unt.edu/media/collection/gaming.

We are always open to suggestions and welcome donations.

DianeRobson
DianeRobson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarafu Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Hello all, my name is Sarah Deel. I'm currently a sophomore with a Computer Science major with a minor in Japanese. I was originally in CVAD, but decided I wasn't that great at art. What I really want to do is animation, but there's not really a major for that here. (Only at art schools, really). I love RPGs. And I am an anime geek, if you couldn't already tell. Razz

It's nice to meet all of you!
Sarafu
Sarafu

Back to top Go down

Post  NonAvailable Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Sarafu wrote:Hello all, my name is Sarah Deel. I'm currently a sophomore with a Computer Science major with a minor in Japanese. I was originally in CVAD, but decided I wasn't that great at art. What I really want to do is animation, but there's not really a major for that here. (Only at art schools, really). I love RPGs. And I am an anime geek, if you couldn't already tell. Razz

It's nice to meet all of you!

Actually there's no specific animation major.
But you can take New Media Art where they do some animation, if I recall correctly from the brochure.
NonAvailable
NonAvailable

http://non-available.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Break Man Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:37 pm

My otaku... They come into the fold... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! Together, we shall rule the world, with me in charge, obviously. I'll be like Lelouche vi Britannia, except I won't be killed off in some desperate attempt for world peace.

Oh, uh, welcome, welcome. Enjoy your stay.
Break Man
Break Man

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Code Monkey

Post  BrenGamer Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:58 pm

I am Brendan Price.
I am here to program some games and chew bubble gum.
I've got some extra gum for anyone interested.

I'm a computer science graduate student at UNT working on a master's. I've working on various school game projects before, but I haven't done any game programming outside of class. I consider myself a team leader and can help focus a vision for a game. I'm good with code and debugging but I'm looking forward to design. Only problem seems that everyone here wants to do design and has their own ideas.

For many years I have been a DM and from that experience I know how to work players together and how to build a world and campaign. I also know quite a bit about building a campaign on the fly. I wonder how I can incorporate that into a game. . .
BrenGamer
BrenGamer

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hey

Post  Frijebai Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:05 am

My name is Daniel. I'm a junior majoring in film.
Most played games: involve zombies. Like Resident Evil series & Zombies Ate My Neighbors which I just downloaded it for my Wii.
The Sims. Starcraft II. I'm waiting for the new Zelda game to come out.
More recently I got into fighting games. Like Blaz Blue and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.
I got practice from writing scripts, so I could help out with writing. I also got handheld pro recording equipment (Zoom H4n) to record dialogue by the voice actors. Even music by musicians.

Frijebai

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hallo

Post  Beavis Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm Tyler, I saw an ad for this group and figured I'd check it out. I'm a freshman majoring in Biology, but what I really love is music production. I've been playing games my entire life and am very passionate about the industry. I play and love all kinds of games (My Steam library is over 200 games and counting!), and my favorites are Super Metroid and Resident Evil 4. I'm extremely interested in the design side of games, but my only real talent is composing and producing music and sound. So if I can offer that talent in any way, I'd be thrilled to help. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Beavis
Beavis

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.elmore Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:26 pm

My name is Brian Elmore. I'm a UNT alum and a graphic designer.

I came across the flyer for the first meeting while checking out a friend's photography exhibition in the Art building.

Missed the first meeting, but should be making it to the second one tonight.

My interests/skills:
Level design
Environment art
UDK
3dsMax
Photoshop
Current personal project: Short & simple FPS level built in UDK to learn basic asset building and Kismet.
BrenGamer wrote:I am here to program some games and chew bubble gum.
YES.

Last edited by mr.elmore on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot stuff.)
mr.elmore
mr.elmore

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 3 Empty Hail and Well Met

Post  BrailleOperatic Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Hey guys, I'm Jeremy. I'm a junior majoring in Theatre Arts.

I found out about this all about two hours before tonight's meeting, and I met a bunch of you all there. I figured proper form dictated I set up an account here, and here I am.

My skills are primarily writing and voice acting, with a little bit more skill in the former. However, I would love to try my hand at some other areas such as level design, and programming, and see if I don't suck at those either. I've played around with a couple game development programs before, but nothing really too very in depth, so I guess I'll just wet my feet and see.

Also, heil Bastion.

...or something.
BrailleOperatic
BrailleOperatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next