Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

+68
SpeedRacerBen
iJordan
Sabz
PurpleHeartKon
Redstar
sfj07
Mechalon
lovebug
Cdore
Sonus
VocanyPitia
BrailleOperatic
mr.elmore
Beavis
Frijebai
BrenGamer
Sarafu
DianeRobson
Kazcampbell
NonAvailable
SamuelLeffingwell
kiblade
Axyl
RTannerB
Coding_with_ice_in_hands
Kim
iamkyrsten
Jawnnypoo
wrightredhead
Core
JRolls89
Teufelhund86
TheHuyurugu
Piola
Jonathan
Syrant
Elite Yoshi
Ginger
Jake
Duke of Spoot
Kilgorn
nintendude794
WACLAY
evanafter
TallonRain
john.k.h.vo
Zephindabius
Dariel00
TheWritingWriter
Erin
thasric
sambo
rodre1
Culver
TzarinaRegina
Tyler Watson
amatobahn
Kevin
kidofthefence
ambidextrous
Mat
Jeff
Break Man
Shadowfire
Threepwood42
IAmSerge
Pugovitz
TheShadowMaster
72 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty A Filmmaker gone Gamemaker

Post  Dariel00 Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Dariel Hernandez here, nice to meet everyone. Very Happy

I'm stoked to start working on any aspect of the game making process! I'm a Film and Computer Science double major. Most of my skill-set leans towards plot, screenwriting, scene and camera direction, storyboarding, some audio recording & music, and voice acting if need be. I'm just starting my programming classes so I'm still very new to coding and modding but I'd love to get some chops working with some of the more experienced programmers and level designers.

I enjoy most game genres, but I have a penchant for story driven games. Anything from Action/Adventure, to tactical RPGs, to puzzle games; as long as there is an interesting story to be told through the narrative, the art, and the gameplay. Personal favorites of mine include Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Portal, the Final Fantasy and Shin Megami series, and Grand Theft Auto.

Can't wait to have start having fun with you guys and create something wonderful. (or gruesome, as long as it gets the emotions churning) Wink

Here's my small youtube channel
I only have a film from highschool uploaded on there but it's something.

Personal Facebook

PS: I'm also in a Progressive Metal Band so let me know if you need some abrasive or chaotic noisy music.
Carrion Wyrm

Last edited by Dariel00 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dariel00
Dariel00

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty How do i intro

Post  Zephindabius Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi, I'm Zack and I'm a music history senior.

I am anxious to meet more people looking into video game design, and hopefully get a project running. My skill as a programmer is next to zero; but I have worked on a few games before, writing music and storyboarding. I'm also interested in learning from the other music-makers on styles and programs.

I play a lot of RPG's and fighting games- I am also very partial to the feel of the older games in either genre. The games with solid storylines (even fighting games), I feel, are likely the most immersive and entertaining, but the simpler arcade-style games (i.e. Tetris, Galaga) have a certain charm to them as well. I also play a lot of tabletop RPG's, so I'm quite picky about believeable dialogue in games as well.

As I stated before, I would love to jump on some story/character design work, or write some music for games. I'm looking forward to throwing/reading ideas that come up.

Zephindabius
Zephindabius

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Animation/Modeler

Post  john.k.h.vo Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm

My name is John Vo I am majoring in New Media Art. I specialize in art and design and have experience in 3d and 2d modeling. The programs I'm most familiar with are Photoshop, Flash, Maya, and alittle bit of editing software such as final cut pro. I'm just now trying to expand to the free software such as blender and zbrush. I like to play strategy games along with rpgs and shooters. anything artistically appealing is always nice but game play is a must for me which is why i like to work with both 3d and 2d. i have worked on 2d games out of flash and gamemaker and i have also designed pieces from maya in both 3d and 2d and created short films in both dimensions. Other than that I have a strong painting and comic print background. I really like the big project idea that was thrown around in the first meeting but realize how unrealistic that is and will work for anyone willing to shovel out as much work they are asking for.

Last edited by john.k.h.vo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

john.k.h.vo

https://www.facebook.com/john.k.h.v

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Somewhat crazy dude in red hoodie

Post  TallonRain Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Hello! I'm Kyle, a freshman majoring in computer science. I'm yet another avid gamer here. I'm probably the biggest Metroid fan you'll ever meet. I'm also a huge fan of Pokémon, Mass Effect, Zelda, Halo, and Pokémon. =P

I'm working to learn Objective-C and I have some basic experience with Java. Although I'm not much of a programmer at all as of now, I'm dying to learn and master the C family, Obj. C in particular. I also have some storywriting skills, but nothing too impressive.

I hope to have some fun and good experiences in the group. I'm looking forward to working with everyone. Smile

Last edited by TallonRain on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
TallonRain
TallonRain

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

Post  evanafter Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Sup?

I'm Dru and I'm an Int'l Studies/French dual major.

I love video games - particularly first person RPGs ( like Oblivion and zomg skyrim - can't wait!! ) and "retro" arcade games. I will kick your ass at pacman. Unless you're crazy good.

I have some experience as a voice actress and I would love to lend my vox to any projects that need sultry or surly or suave or savvy females. Or really femme sounding gay guys. I'm really good at that too. And the pew pews. I'm a woman of many talents.

Edit: all this "ooh, you're a girl?!" bs needs to stop. I've been gaming my whole life and I've also been female my whole life. It's just how we roll.

evanafter

http://talesfromtheasteroid.com

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year

Post  WACLAY Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Hey everyone, my name is William and I'm a freshman planing to major in music composition. I've been playing guitar for about six years and have been composing my own music for the past two. Video game soundtracks and chip music are what got me interested in making video game music. I'm excited to start working with you all so feel free to contact me when you need some tunes.

You can check out some of my music here:
http://soundcloud.com/waclayyy
WACLAY
WACLAY

http://soundcloud.com/waclayyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Break Man Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:35 pm

evanafter wrote:Sup?

I'm Dru and I'm an Int'l Studies/French dual major.

I love video games - particularly first person RPGs ( like Oblivion and zomg skyrim - can't wait!! ) and "retro" arcade games. I will kick your ass at pacman. Unless you're crazy good.

I have some experience as a voice actress and I would love to lend my vox to any projects that need sultry or surly or suave or savvy females. Or really femme sounding gay guys. I'm really good at that too. And the pew pews. I'm a woman of many talents.

Edit: all this "ooh, you're a girl?!" bs needs to stop. I've been gaming my whole life and I've also been female my whole life. It's just how we roll.

I'm impressed at the amount of women we have, really. Most of the time, whenever anyone hears the word "gamer", one of three distinctions is made: A) the casual gamer, either male or female, who spends their time playing their iPhones or Wiis (pfft, I made a Wii joke) like nobody's business, B) the sports gamer, exclusively male, who waits every year for the next installment of a game that either didn't need any tweaks, or could have been improved with patches alone, or C) the basement-dweller, almost exclusively male, with neckbeards and cheesy fingers waggling back and forth in rage at some slight in WoW. From the crowd I saw at the first meeting, there were more of those of the fairer sex than I had expected, and not that many of us fit into the three stereotypes mentioned above. Way to go, us! Way to break those stereotypes!

Also, I like "pew-pews" now, "pew-pews" are cool.
Break Man
Break Man

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Howdy!

Post  nintendude794 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:29 pm

EDIT: PM and/or add me as a friend to ask about music and voicework and writing, for samples or questions or collaboration or some combination thereof or whatever else Very Happy and don't forget to friend me on social networks, links below!

FaceBook
Twitter
Tumblr
YouTube
TinDeck
OverClocked Remix
DeviantArt
TeenInk
*I'll add more as I think of them*

*apologizes for length* What can I say, some like it long... >_> *will finish editing later*

Howdy, y'all! I'm Hunter "Rubix" Short, formerly known as Rubix around school and otherwise known as nintendude794 all around the net (no, seriously, almost everywhere 'round the 'net, as you'll notice when ye click through all my Contact links).

The true story I use to introduce myself online or even elsewhere: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d78xY8pqJs7ohfuk8sce8mAmKUBz46wsDxkg5QbB0iQ/edit?authkey=CJX6posE&hl=en_US

I'm still in 12th grade, wrappin' up a career in Keller ISD's system. My current focus for Major is Music, and probable Minors include Film, Journalism, and Creative Writing. For a majority of my life, I wanted to one day attend MIT and end up coding/engineering for Nintendo or Apple or Google. However, two years ago I discovered that I'm no programmer, and instead fell into more intense love with music. UNT being known for its music program(s) and existing less than a thirty minute drive away from home makes it my best college choice errr hope, I should think; I was a candidate for the T.A.M.S. Program--UNT's Texas Academy Of Math And Science, which would have let me finish high school as a college student, including dorm housing and whatnot--but elected to stay in Keller.

I somewhat "reject the basic assumptions of modern civilization"--as Fight Club aptly puts it--having outgrown religion and school and also, I suppose, not yet making any progress towards learning to drive; I walk the mile to and from school every day this year, and love every minute of it.

So when I'm done with high school, I either come on up there with y'all, or learn to drive so as to work at the local Apple Store while studying my interests at home as I wish I were doing now.

If I were involved in the founding of a tiny game studio, I'd consider myself at the very least Lead Music/Sound Composer/Designer and Creative Director. I can't draw or code, and admire those skills as well as their possessors, but I do music and voice and poetry and philosophy and much creativity well enough--yet for quite a while I'll never stop learning in such things.

Two years ago, my school's band director triumvirate elected me of our 3000-strong student body to represent us in a Dallas Symphony Orchestra contest for Young Composers. I submitted a 9-minute String Quartet Suite entitled Poetic Irony, which you may hear here, performed by GarageBand's digital string patches from the Orchestral Jam Pack software:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EA6rQxzIII
This process required me to type up my history with music, to be printed in their pamphlets in the event that I won. Although I did not reign victorious, the endeavor of one's first composition is a worthwhile and necessary experience. Here's my history with music, as well as some notes on the composition and its story (although you should interpret it yourself before you essentially spoil it)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zqNOWiRnL4bTheffBAqO7lZRMPaXbSdeKRggE3g7Pnk/edit

As for videogames, Donkey Kong Country was my first and thus remains my favorite.

Favorite--
Games: Donkey Kong Country, Halo: Reach, Brawl, Tetris, Super Mario Bros. 1, everything
Movies: The Shawshank Redemption (30 viewings), Fight Club (22 viewings), A Beautiful Mind, The Truman Show, Memento, Inception, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Up In The Air, too many
Music: A Beautiful Mind, Super Meat Boy, Brawl, Halo: Reach, Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country, too much
Books: Fight Club; Fahrenheit 451; Looking For Alaska; An Abundance Of Katherines; The Green Mile

Below I've quoted snippets of others' introductions which also apply to me. Cool As to establish, perhaps, some common ground amongst all of us.

Pugovitz wrote:I'm interested in all areas of making games. I'm good at math and can't draw, so-- I'm just as interested in the creative side as the technical side of games. I like pretty much every type of game, too.

I want this club to kick ass. I'd love it if everyone gets together with like minded nerds and make some awesome games. Have fun and game on...
IAmSerge wrote:Nice to meet you.
Shadowfire wrote:I think it's stupid how people think girls can't be gamers.

For me this club is a mix of fun and a chance to learn.
Break Man wrote:I'd like to come on as a script and story writer, and even help out with some of the visual aspects, as well as voices. I've done a few of those in my time. Ask me about Gollum.

(lurve mah muzaks)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm also good for a laugh. Just sayin'.
Jeff wrote:I enjoy all types of games, and I try to regularly play a variety of genres to "stay current" and remain in touch with the present state of the industry. What this really means is that I buy way too many games and have a stupid-long backlog that I'll never actually get through (first world problems, fuck yeah).
Mat wrote:I would like to get some experience out of this club, and I would love to be able to put something on my resume about working on games, since most companies want to see experience. But having fun is also a big part of it, I look forward to working with the rest of you guys.
ambidextrous wrote:...from my summer internship over in Redmond at Microsoft.
Did ye get to design some Windows 8 app(s)? Shocked
kidofthefence wrote:SHOW ME YA MOVES!

(freshman kids: Go to class. Don't sleep in. Trust me on this.) ...as well as searching through my strange mind for ideas on characters/storylines (great since ive written a few short stories in my time)/plot stuff/etc....

From this group? I just wanna have fun with it and see what can come from it.
amatobahn wrote:I work using OSX, but I am able to work on any windows app as well, given its not something that breaks, for instance the windows OS itself (JUST AN EXAMPLE).

Looking forward to working with everyone.
Tyler Watson wrote:...studying Music Composition.

I can write music. I love to play video games in my "spare" time. I'm also a huge fan of Mass Effect, and Zelda. The music from the Zelda games (Ocarina of Time specifically) was actually what got me interested in majoring in music. I've also always loved music from the Final Fantasy series.

If any of you have any kind of requests at all for background music, let me know asap. Just come to me with any or all of the following:

A general aesthetic you'd like
Instruments/groups you'd like to hear
The mood you're trying to create
Anything else you can think of.

I'm really looking forward to contributing in whatever way I can; I'd love to have my music be in awesome video games some day.
rodre1 wrote:My ideal job in gaming is to produce and create games, not physically but coming up with the idea, story, genre, etc. and drawing the characters myself and making the music myself so I can create the world that I want to for the game.
...but I will try to learn if some of you guys can offer.

thasric wrote:I'm hoping that this club will give me some good experience and a more solid idea about what it's like to create a game with a group of people. That said, I'm mostly in it for fun, and I look forward to seeing the progress that all of you make as the year goes on.
Erin wrote:I have no game making experience, but would like to learn everything that I can. I really like to write so I would love to help develop plot lines for any game.

I play pretty much any game I can get my hands on.
TheWritingWriter wrote:I'm really excited about this club. We've got a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds which means we've got the potential to make some great games.
Dariel00 wrote:I'm stoked to start working on any aspect of the game making process!

I enjoy most game genres

Can't wait to have start having fun with you guys and create something wonderful. (or gruesome, as long as it gets the emotions churning) Wink
Zephindabius wrote:I am anxious to meet more people looking into video game design, and hopefully get a project running. My skill as a programmer is next to zero; but-- I'm also interested in learning from the other music-makers on styles and programs.

As I stated before, I would love to jump on some story/character design work, or write some music for games. I'm looking forward to throwing/reading ideas that come up.
TallonRain wrote:Hello! I'm yet another avid gamer here-- a huge fan of Pokémon, Mass Effect, Zelda, Halo, and Pokémon. =P

I also have some storywriting skills, but nothing too impressive.

I hope to have some fun and good experiences in the group. I'm looking forward to working with everyone. Smile
evanafter wrote:I will kick your ass at pacman. Unless you're crazy good.

I have some experience as a voice [artist] and I would love to lend my vox to any projects that need sultry or surly or suave or savvy [characters]. Or really [realistic] sounding gay guys. I'm really good at that too. And the pew pews. I'm a [human of many talents.

Edited some o' that, since I'm a guy. But I agree with the feministic anti-sexist sentiments.
WACLAY wrote:...Planning to major in music composition. I've been playing guitar for about six years and have been composing my own music for the past two. Video game soundtracks and chip music are what got me interested in making video game music. I'm excited to start working with you all so feel free to contact me when you need some tunes.

Break Man wrote:
evanafter wrote:

I'm impressed at the amount of women we have, really. Most of the time, whenever anyone hears the word "gamer", one of three distinctions is made: A) the casual gamer, either male or female, who spends their time playing their iPhones or Wiis (pfft, I made a Wii joke) like nobody's business, B) the sports gamer, exclusively male, who waits every year for the next installment of a game that either didn't need any tweaks, or could have been improved with patches alone, or C) the basement-dweller, almost exclusively male, with neckbeards and cheesy fingers waggling back and forth in rage at some slight in WoW. From the crowd I saw at the first meeting, there were more of those of the fairer sex than I had expected, and not that many of us fit into the three stereotypes mentioned above. Way to go, us! Way to break those stereotypes!

Also, I like "pew-pews" now, "pew-pews" are cool.

YUZ! Again, sorry it's so long. *suave voice* "You don't have to apologize for running long..." -_-

Last edited by nintendude794 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adds friendly invitation(s) to contact me)
nintendude794
nintendude794

https://www.youtube.com/nintendude794

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty I was that guy who said he wanted to dissapoint his parents

Post  Kilgorn Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello!
My name is Eric Chapman and I'm a freshman who is planning on majoring in Mechanical Engineering Technology.

Video games are where most of my time is spent so I'd like to at least understand them on a deeper level if they're going to consume that much of my life force. My earliest games were on the SNES so I've played mostly popular games until now, as I have only recently obtained a gaming PC. Now I mostly play PC games that are not only big budget, triple-A titles, but indie games in addition to those.

I have a small amount of experience in 3dsMax, Maya, and Mudbox, as well as an intermediate knowledge of CG design, which is to say I know some things about the visual aspects of video games, as well as 3D animation and special effects in movies. I also have an intermediate knowledge of traditional 2D animation, but I would like to understand and create animation in the 3D realm as well. The only development kit i have any useful knowledge of is the Source engine, and to that my knowledge is limited. If you want to know about the Source engine (the engine Valve makes their games with) you'd be better off asking my friend Jesse, who I am working on a mod for L4D2 with.

I have been drawing as far back as I can remember and have taken AP drawing (got a 3) and AP design (got a 4) in high school, as well as having completed all of the drawing courses in my high school, I took some painting courses. I have accounts on Conceptart.org and Polycount, though these profiles are devoid of any content so far.

ANYWAY, what I'm looking to get out of this is a greater knowledge of 3D, as well experience in creating assets for games in the whole of the visual spectrum (modeling, animation, rigging, texturing, lighting, compositing, etc.) so that when I make something it doesn’t end up being horribly deformed in a game engine. I'm also definitely interested in making a final product of any caliber, as long as it's finished.

So if anyone would like to converse I would be glad to impart the extent of my knowledge on the subjects mentioned heretofore. You could also talk to me about other stuff, I guess.
Kilgorn
Kilgorn

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty I Make Products Professional

Post  Duke of Spoot Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi All!

I'm Travis Curry. I'm majoring in English (focus: creative writing) and Mathematics, with minors in Japanese and Secondary Education. I'm also getting a Technical Writing Certification. I hope to graduate in May 2013.

I can do story, character, and dialogue writing, and my technical writing experience gives me professional level proofreading experience. I'm willing to work level design on projects I'm involved with, and can work to tie up the loose ends writing-wise (how-to's, description blurbs, weapon and item descriptions, in-game tutorial writing, etc.) I have experience with music and art, so I can act as an interpreter for programmers trying to get creatives to understand their ideas and visa-versa. I also write on aesthetics in video games and video games as art, and I hope to add my perspective to any project I work on.

I am also working on my workflow/time management skills, and I would be happy to help set deadlines and set up efficient workflow. I can also create professional correspondence, and I can act as a liaison for the group. I believe that any project can be finished and published. I will follow any projects I work on through to completion. Your portfolio will thank you for not abandoning a project!

This post was too long. For reading it all, you get a star! Like a Star @ heaven
Duke of Spoot
Duke of Spoot

http://travistcurry.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Hello, my name is Jake Singer. I'm a freshman CS major.
I really admire games for their ability to show a story, rather than tell it (Portal is a great example of this), and have been interested in the games industry ever since I played Ocarina of Time as a kid.

I love Game Engine development, and have made a few small engines in the past. My current goal is to get the engine I'm working on fully usable by summer (sooner the better, but engines are beasts! Twisted Evil). I'm fluent in C++, Objective-C(++), and Java and would be willing to help as a gameplay programmer or the like, though again, my engine is a time suck.
I also have some experience with 3d modeling, so I may be of help there, though my skills are limited. (I can model a wicked crate Very Happy)
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty hola

Post  Ginger Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:23 am

Hey everyone! My name's Ginger.

This is my second year here at UNT. I'm an Art major with a focus in Printmaking. I'm also minoring in computer science. I just picked that up this year though so I don't know too much yet.

I'm really interested in the whole development process, that's the reason I'm do studying what I'm studying. I do like games that have an emphasis on art and design but I love all types of games. The creative side is probably more where I'd be more useful but I'm surprised at how much I love computer science.

I have messed around Maya and Blender a bit. I've been wanting work more and learn more about 3D animation so I'll try to be as much of a help as I can be in that area. I can definitely do concept art though.

I want this to be a learning experience and fun but I also want to come out with a quality product too. I'm really excited to be a part this.

Ginger
Ginger

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Let's have some fun

Post  Elite Yoshi Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Hey, my name is Louis, the guy with the Yoshi necklace. I'm a sophomore going majoring in Computer science. If anything, I would like to go into Designing/Theory really. Making level layouts and game mechanics to be reasonable and balanced sounds like what I would do. Game wise I play all genres but mostly FPS and RPGs. Mostly for fun and trolling tryhards.

In High School, I did an intership senior year for game designing. I worked with someone from the "Texas Games Network". I don't know if this counts, but due to my low programming skills at the time I learned through the "Game Maker" engine which focuses more on designing but I believe the language is close to C++. Here's a link to stuff I did during the internship: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/users/EliteYoshi

If anything, I'm looking for fun and experience in game development from this club Smile
Elite Yoshi
Elite Yoshi
Admin

http://louhamdev.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrant Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Eric Phonasa here.

Computer Science Major since last Spring, so I'm fairly new to coding, with my only experience being C. I have some experience in Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks, and minor experience with sound editing and Flash.

My major is a direct result of my desire to be in the gaming industry as a professional. As of now, I'm not sure of what or where I want to start with, but so far I've been keen to try something along the lines of Creative Direction/Production. I'm willing to help out wherever. My main goal here is to get a grasp on VG development in general and to discover where my place would be in a development group.
Syrant
Syrant

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Hello

Post  Jonathan Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi,

my name is Jonathan, I am a Junior, and I have been doing computer science for 1 full year now. I have a little bit of experience with c, java, and a tiny amount of android development.

One of the very first games that I remember playing is Duck Hunt on The Nintendo Entertainment system.
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Hello Everyone.

Post  Piola Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi I'm Cameron Neal. I'm a Radio Television and Film Major. I like every kind of game and am very interested foremost on the creativity that goes beyond the typical format of a game. I usually play Adventure games and RPGs the most, but I enjoy the other genres as well. My skills are that I have an okay artistic ability, I can screenwrite, and I now a little about cinematography. Nice to meet everyone, would love to meet you all in person. Very Happy
Piola
Piola

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Shameless Self Promotion

Post  TheHuyurugu Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:12 pm

I'm Huyu, But my actual name is John. I'm an English major and a freshmen here at UNT. I saw the flyer ya'll were too lazy to take down, and I figured it would be a good thing to get involved with.

I'm Originally from New Mexico, I play guitar, I love writing of basically any kind, and I like acting. My gaming interests mostly include anything, but RPG's are a particular favorite. I have a penchant for Pokemon specifically (In fact, I would like to make a ROM hack for Pokemon at some point, if someone could help me out with that.)

As far as my vested interest in game design, I would be glad to help write, do anything involving audio, and I can help with Game Theory as well, as I have some friends that are getting into the business all over the place. I'm also an avid follower of trends and gaming related news, so if that's of value...

All in all, I'll help wherever you need me, And I'm looking forward to making good games, and making the industry better in and of itself.

Soooooo...yeah

Peace and love
TheHuyurugu
TheHuyurugu

Back to top Go down

Post  thasric Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:03 pm

TheHuyurugu wrote:I saw the flyer ya'll were too lazy to take down, and I figured it would be a good thing to get involved with.

Too smart, not too lazy. ^.^ Welcome to GDUNT!
thasric
thasric

Back to top Go down

Post  TheShadowMaster Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:26 pm

TheHuyurugu wrote:(In fact, I would like to make a ROM hack for Pokemon at some point, if someone could help me out with that.)

Nothing illegal through our forums, please.
TheShadowMaster
TheShadowMaster

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Hi

Post  Teufelhund86 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Name's Joel Ashman. Did 4 years Marine Corps infantry right outta high school. Got an associates from NCTC in information and technology, which is where I found I enjoyed programming, and decided I wanted to eventually become a programmer, hopefully for games. I'm in my first year at UNT majoring in Comp Science. My programming experience is introductory in PHP, Visual Basic, ActionScript, and I have used Gamer Maker and built a few things using the DarkGDK library(C++ game library, free to download for personal use from The Game Creators)

I enjoy all sorts of games, though my favorites are RPGs, Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 were awesome, disappointed with DA 2, can't wait for Skyrim and ME 3! Also, anyone a fan of the Thief series, can't wait to see what they do with Thief 4!

I have a lot of ideas for games. I recall sandbox zombie apocolypse being mentioned at the first meeting, that's something I've thought about, zombies or not. First person hack n slash with highly engaging combat system(Skyrim combat system looks like it might be a step closer to some of the ideas I have in mind). I think the story is one of the most important elements of a game, but I don't think of myself as a very good story writer.

Teufelhund86

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty My Introduction

Post  JRolls89 Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:25 am

Why hello. The name is Jordan. Or Roller. Whichever you prefer really. I go by either of these. I'm an English major with a concentration in creative writing.

Gaming has been the biggest part of my life growing up and I plan to continue working on games after graduation by getting my Master's in Level Design at the Guildhall of SMU. I love that aspect the most of gaming but I do respect the tremendous effort that the other fields do for the gaming industry, such as art and animation, programming, marketing, and so on. I don't like limiting myself to just one genre because there are so many different types of games and each is fun in their own respect. Preferably I enjoy action/adventure and rpgs as well as the shooters. If I had to say what my favorite game is, it would have to be either The Legend of Dragoon or the Mass Effect series.

I have some experience with beginning programming in C++ with a little bit of C#, but I prefer designing the games and working on the game engines. I've worked with UDK before, creating my first level ever, and a bit with Unity, creating a square for my "worm that shoots fire" to play in.

I hope to gain the experience and knowledge necessary to prepare me for when I go off to the Guildhall of SMU for my Master's as well as prepare for when I actually go work in the gaming industry. But also, like the function that games always provide, I want to have fun while I do this as well. I can't wait to get started and am really psyched for what is to come!
JRolls89
JRolls89

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty I misspelled my username; ver.2

Post  Core Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:58 am

So i just typed this all out a second ago but I have terribad luck with forums and it got erased. So here we go again. Razz

Hey everyone, I'm Corey. I'm a junior and philosophy major at UNT, about to declare a second major of English w/ Creative Writing focus now that i'm on the road to become a good student instead of a lazy douchebagel. I write (stories, poetry), art (sketches and character/concept art of the 2d variety mostly; no photoshop or 3d modeling chops to speak of), music (guitar, sing, some proficiency with piano/keyboard, as well as listen), watch movies and shows (too varied to talk about concisely in this format), game (all genres, chess, love tabletop gaming), and read (philosophy, fiction, graphic novels, etc.).

This version seems to be a lot more compressed than its late, prototypical older brother. /tangent

I'd really enjoy working on the conceptual side of things. I have a lot of ideas for my own stuff, but would be more than glad to help do writing for projects here (already been bouncing ideas with Dariel about the game he posted here). A well told story or well executed artistic vision is what I strive for in personal work as well as what I seek out in my hobbies. My favorite games are ones that communicated powerful ideas or emotions above all else.

Quick obligatory list of favorite games:
Spoiler:

Other notable facts are that I'm Dariel's friend and room mate. We've been bouncing ideas for the thing he posted here and I'm excited to work on that with him and anyone else. I really can't think of anything else, I think I burned myself out.

Dariel says to mention that I have Logic Express and that I fiddle with really basic synth patching and such from time to time.

P.S.: I didn't actually misspell my name, I just have a stupid sense of humor.

Last edited by Core on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : uh oh spoilertags)

Core

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Intro

Post  wrightredhead Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:08 am

Hello I am Kyle Wright. I am a Information Technology Business Major. I have used both C++ and HTML before so I know a little computer language but not enough to be much of a big help. Im a sophomore so I have another year before I can start my computer classes. I like designing and creating ideas for games along with programming it when I learn. I also own my own tech support business on the side for some extra cash.
wrightredhead
wrightredhead

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Hi there all

Post  Jawnnypoo Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Hey guys, sorry it took a while to post on here. It is a pleasure to be in this club. I really look forward to getting something going in a group and I think this is a great way to get a jump start in the industry.

Anyways, I am John Carlson. I am here at UNT to get a degree in CS and a certificate in game programming. I really hope to work in the industry, and plan on moving out up to Seattle after school to check out and potentially work at one of the companies up there (quite a few to choose from). I have almost every console out there, and I have loved gaming since birth. Very Happy

I hope that I can balance school and this club. I am currently in Computing Foundations, and I have some knowledge of C and Java, as well as a little bit of HTML from making a web site. I hope to learn more as the years go on and get really involved in the club (as long as I don't keep having so much Cal 2 homework). Oh, and if you have an android phone, download my app! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jawn&feature=search_result

Thanks guys and hope we can all have fun! By the way that is deadmau5 in the background of my picture. Best night ever!
Jawnnypoo
Jawnnypoo

http://www.jawnnypoo.com

Back to top Go down

Introductions: 2011 - 2012 Academic Year - Page 2 Empty Ello, chaps

Post  iamkyrsten Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:32 am

Major: Advertising
Minors: English and Psychology

Interesting fact: I'm dating the boy who posted above me and I have been for 4 years!

Game interest: I'd be lying if I said I was really into gaming without John, before him I only played Nancy Drew games, shut up I'm cool, I still play them. Now I have played inFamous (I LOVE THIS GAME!) and I'm working on Uncharted oh and I beat Portal 2 single player and co-op. So my gaming list is really short, but I have completely fallen in love with the industry and art of it all and I can't wait to advertise for video games!

Oh and go look at my logo in the logo thing! Yeah! Do it!

Stuff you'll probably skip:
I am Roman Catholic! Yay! I love The Rite, Book of Eli, Donnie Darko, The Village (Shut up, M. Night is awesome), I love deadmau5, Skrillex, NERO (and yes I met deadmau5 too!), I am way more awesome than John!
iamkyrsten
iamkyrsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next