Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Si-Fi Simulator

Go down

Si-Fi Simulator Empty Si-Fi Simulator

Post  danielaparra Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Okay this might sound crazy, but have you ever looked into the lore and back story for a Si-Fi universe (such as Star Wars or Mass Effect) and wondered what life would be like in such a world? Sure we often get glimpses into such things but so much of it is simply assumed, or overlooked entirely. So what if there was a game in which, in stead of playing a hero in one these worlds, you played as just an average joe trying to get by? Of course for the sake of keeping things interesting, you would be in a position where have numerous opportunities to improve your life, and maybe in the end you will make a difference in the world in your own way. You could be become a business man who founds an empire, a scientist who discovers a new form of travel, you could work on robots, or cybernetic implants, or you could start a revolution! I want the details of the game to be based on modern scientific theories so as to give the world some believability.

I don't have a set idea of how the mechanics of this would work, but I would want there to some combat elements (after all, these types of universes are rarely safe) but I wouldn't want it to be a major focus, in fact I would want combat situations to be as feared and avoided as in real life. honestly I think this would become far to large of a project to undertake at this time, but it's something to think about.

danielaparra

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum