Game Developers of UNT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously, what's wrong with Zynga?

Go down

Seriously, what's wrong with Zynga? Empty Seriously, what's wrong with Zynga?

Post  Pugovitz Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 am

Tiny Tower vs Dream Heights
these bingo games
Mob Wars vs Mafia Wars

How can one of the most "successful" companies in our industry so blatantly rip off other companies so often? I understand different mechanics and themes going in and out of popularity, but it's something else altogether to so closely copy the concepts of other games.

This raises an important issue for our club. How can we protect the ideas in our games? When I get a chance, I'm gonna go talk to our free school lawyer and see if she has any advice on things. I think it would be important for groups to draw up a sort of NDA for their teams. Or at least a sort of "code of conduct." Again, at this stage we shouldn't be specifically business oriented, but we do need to be mindful of the fact that our pet projects could become products.
Pugovitz
Pugovitz

Back to top Go down

Seriously, what's wrong with Zynga? Empty Re: Seriously, what's wrong with Zynga?

Post  Pugovitz Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Lol. Apparently Zynga read my post and this what they have to say.

Pretty much, "Yeah, we're not gonna stop copying people, that's our business. We're just gonna change the chat system and call it innovation."

Edit: They just make the hate too easy.
Pugovitz
Pugovitz

Back to top Go down